Electromagnetic hygiene is the practice of using and being around electrical and electronic devices in a healthful manner. As with other hygienic practices, this can vary by culture or situation. I am writing this in October 2019 in Boulder Colorado, at a time when many people are expressing concern over the rollout of 5G mobile phone systems. The bad news is that 5G is only the latest form of artificial electromagnetic radiation to be concerned with, we’re already living in an increasingly dense environment of poorly-understood, invisible radiations. The good news is we’re still here, and as humans have the adaptive ability to thrive in all sorts of harsh environments.
Forms of Artificial Electromagnetic Radiation
- Alternating Current (AC) standard house power supply, in the US 120V AC 60Htz. Interacts with brain’s cerebral cognitive functions which also work around 60Htz. The most pervasive and strong signal in urban environments.
- “Dirty Electricity” frequencies overlaid on the house AC power. Can produce a wide variety of local spiky signals which disrupt various organ functions, and be very acidifying.
- Mobile phone signals on a variety of networks and frequencies surround us everyday, acidifies the body, disrupts avian and insect navigation, heats water.
- Wifi see above
- Bluetooth see above
- Smart meters send a regular strong pulsed signal that has been associated with heart palpitations. The nature of the signal varies a great deal between models.
- ELF waves (extra-low-frequency). Travel through the ground, appear to originate at cellular towers, associated with sleep disruption and group psychosis.
- TV, radio, CB, VHF, EPIRB, etc. are communication signals that have been around for decades. Documented cases of braces and other metallic objects resonating with these frequencies have appeared throughout their existence.
- Weather radar, navigational radar, satellite, etc. signals have strict FCC rules meant to protect people that are commonly ignored in practice. FCC guidelines do not seem to consider the effects on airborn animals. Similar problems to mobile phone signals.
How do we protect ourselves from something we cannot see? As with oral and respiratory self-care, we make it a habit. These habits can be enacted on a daily basis, like tooth-brushing, or on a situational basis, like wearing a breathing mask.
Here are some suggested practices for electromagnetic hygiene:
- Shut off the bedroom power when you sleep. I don’t mean just turn off your computer. I mean turn off the breaker to the room. Why? Because the AC current in the romex wall cables are interfering with your brain’s 60htz gamma frequency, an essential component of cognition. This also addresses some other issues like localized fields, dirty electricity, and unhealthy lighting. Deeper sleep and better dreams are commonly reported with this practice.
- Use powerstrips to plug your electronic devices and powerbricks into, and turn off the strip when not in use (which shuts off power to everything plugged into them). Those AC-to-USB powerbricks are terribly inefficient, drawing power even with nothing plugged into them. And they create noise, “dirty electricity” that leads to unhealthy EM-fields and higher electric bills<link>.
- Go Camping, and leave your phone behind. A couple days away from constant urban radiation will reset your body, and can do wonders for one’s health. Hiking, skiing, etc. is also helpful for this reason, aside from any benefit derived from exercise.
- Wired is better than wireless. Use a wired keyboard, and a wired mouse. They emit less radiation and are reliable. Run ethernet cable to your home computer, it’s faster and much healthier than wifi. Consider a wired headset. Get an old-fashioned corded phone and run it through a VoIP service like Obi (almost free).
- Bluetooth and Wifi are healthier than cellular service. Cell phones are designed to send a signal miles. Bluetooth and wifi have a range of 15-100 feet, a much weaker signal. Imagine standing next to a speaker that can be heard from a mile away, versus one that can only be heard from across the yard. The louder speaker is going to damage your ears.
A bluetooth headset is still preferable to holding a phone to your head. Speakerphone is also a healthier choice. Voice-over-IP and pseudo-VoIP services like Republic Wireless are also a healthy compromise.
- Step away from strong EM fields, computers, phones, etc. when possible. Put your hands in your lap when not typing. Be aware of your environment and respond to it.
- Walk barefoot. Earthing doesn’t have to happen outside. By removing the rubber insulation barrier between your feet and floor many of the unwelcome radiations will pass right through you to the ground.
- Breathe. Artificial EM-radiation is acidifying to the body, creating an environment conducive to bacterial infection, parasites, and cancer. Breathing exercises, especially “hot” breathing associated with cardio-vascular exercise will rapidly alkalinize the blood and counteract those harmful effects.
There are of course many other ways to mitigate the dangers of electromagnetic radiation, things like faraday rooms, insulated clothing and DC-powered homes. Such things are excellent to have, but cannot be a substitute for good hygiene. I hope this information serves you well.
+Toby Fernsler 2020-02-06